Translate

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rainy Tuesday Afternoon...

Not to be confused with The 1994 song from The Pogues, Tuesday Morning, or the retro fashion clothing kitchy attire franchise, Tuesday Morning.  Just, rainy Tuesday afternoon. 

Pet SemataryPet Sematary by Stephen King

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Every time I read a Stephen King novel, three things happen:  1.  I find myself thinking of that Gary Larson cartoon, wherein a prolific author, (Stephen King, John Grisham, Michael Crichton, Anne Rice) gets writer's block.  The punch-line of the cartoon is that he or she never really does get what you or I would call "Writer's Block", rather, they get stuck on choosing a haunted house or a haunted graveyard as their plot device.  2.  I find myself counting the number of references to other Stephen King books...Salem's Lot, Cujo, Carrie and a bit of something else were all in this one...just off the top of my head.  3.  I think about riding my bicycle, and am reminded of King's near fatal bicycle accident on a secluded road in Maine.



View all my reviews


No comments: