Translate

Friday, November 25, 2011

Bearhat Mountain


Bearhat Mountain, 1994.

I traveled through Glacier National Park with a field class from Saint John's University in 1994 - my study was on freshwater ecosystems and invertebrate population densities, specifically, mayflies, stoneflies and caddis flies. 14 years later, after putting my studies into considerable real world practice, a friend asked me what mountain or what mountain range the photo was from. I couldn't answer with anything better than Somewhere between Sandstone Minnesota and Port Angeles Washington. Turns out, it's called Bearhat Mountain and it's along the pass leading into Glacier National Park...seems like the kind of thing a person wouldn't forget. There is a rock formation, near Dillon, Montana, looks a lot like a Beaver, or a Sakagaweea, depending on the lighting. And another in the BWCA, that looks like a bear.

I don't think this looks much like a bear's hat, is all I'm saying here.

Happy Thanksgiving.

(save now)
(save now)
(pause.........)
(building suspense....)
(save now)

No comments: