Translate

Thursday, November 10, 2011

11-10-11

Photo Source mn350.org

This is the bike I will be using to get around this winter. It's a single speed Raleigh xxix, with disc brakes and a very smooth direct drive. I don't have a lot more to say about it.

I have not owned a car for over two years.
I still walk and bus and ride my bicycle as much as possible.
I am still unemployed.

From a very distant perspective, this is beginning to feel like an argument about class, gentrification and wealth. A lot of the dishwashers I knew at restaurants rode their bikes to work, and didn't blog about it. Then again, a lot of guys probably darn their own socks.

In other news, the Keystone pipeline was stopped. Bill McKibben and 350.org demonstrated the power of democracy for the benefit of our ecology.

No comments: