Translate

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saint Patrick's day 2012


3-4-2012, Greenway moon at Sunset, Photo by Michael McKinney
2-24-2012, Greenway pianist, Photo by Michael McKinney

3-5-212, Minneapolis skyline, photo by Michael McKinney

3-12-2012, frosty leaf on the sidewalk, photo by Michael McKinney

3-17-2012, Gateway Trail, photo by Michael McKinney


I included some photos from the past couple of weeks - today I used the Strava app with my iphone to record a ride into Stillwater via the Gateway Trail.  Also, I've been having this teeth rattling vibration shock through my bicycle when riding it over certain speeds, it was jokingly referred to as the governor today, and maybe that's not far off.  I think it has to be the hubs in my Mavic Wheelset, but to this point they've been solid wheels.  Anyway, I queried online about it last year, and here's what the Craigslist community had to offer, as far as advice.

vibration < mlmck > 06/12 13:25:08

Hi- I usually get my work done at a shop, so this one has me stumped- I've consulted a couple people and am thinking I'll just take it to a shop eventually. Here it is- my bike is vibrating. And squeaking as it vibrates. It's usually when I am not pedaling, and holding the pedals in place as I go around a curve or (rest). I think it is a pressure related vibration, but where? Pressure on the bottom bracket? Pressure on the Rear hub? And is the vibration being caused by a bearing, a broken axle? It isn't consistent, but it happens more and more frequently. Any suggestions?

Parkinson's < the_grinchy_grinch > 06/12 14:32:15

Sorry...
But if it vibrates when you are coasting you can eliminate the bottom bracket at least.

My bet is that it is the freewheel OR freehub.
If it is not in perfect alignment, it can cause pretty violent vibrations.

Stand next to the bike, and turn the cranks backwards. Note if you see the rear cogs wobble up and down/ side to side.


my 2 possible sources < Jamis-KsyriumSL > 06/12 19:38:32


Its happened to me too.. but vibration was felt at 40 MPH or higher

1) loose headset (easy to fix)

2) sand in the rear hub - disassemble, clean, and lub


blew out your rear races < big_53 > 06/12 20:05:17

hold your bike wiggle the rear wheel. does it move back a forth a little bit?






No comments: