Translate

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Friday's run, Wilson




Unseasonably warm temps, so I got out and went for an evening run. Having eaten a late lunch of Himalayan buffet was not the smartest thing, and I contested an upset stomach for 8 miles before lighting a thermonuclear device upon a defenseless port-a-potty. The remaining 2 miles were a little less uncomfortable. I've heard of Montezuma's revenge, this was Tenzing Norgay's revenge. Also noted, a well used foot and bicycle path running closer to the river, though on the Minneapolis side, would be ideal for trail running...when there is a little less ice.

Music listened to:
Trampoline, Joe Henry
The Lover, Medeski, Martin and Wood
Hang Wire, The Pixies
Back up and Push, Bryan Sutton
Viva La Vida, Coldplay
Debaser, The Pixies
I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down, Elvis Costello
Pot Kettle Black, Wilco
Hoodoo Voodoo, Billy Bragg
Achilles Last Stand, Led Zeppelin
Test-Tube Baby / Shoot 'Em Down, Morphine
Wall of Death, R.E.M.
Allegria, Gypsy Kings
Valerie, Beau Soleil
Canary in a Coalmine, The Police
Voodoo Child (Slight Return), Jimi Hendrix
Corduroy, Pearl Jam

I would include an estimated time too, but my watch became like unto one as Lazarus. So I replaced the battery, and lo, the dead have risen. "I saved thirty bucks!" Said Lazarus as he put his now functioning Timex Ironman back on his wrist and rode over to the St. Paul Cathedral to take a panorama photo of what is either the most epic wedding arrangement EVER or the Red Bull Crashed Ice / hockey derby / blades of glory / downhill ice skating / cross thing. I keep thinking wedding, but I'm sure it's gonna have lots more checking and elbow smashing. Here's a couple of photos - enjoy.











No comments: