Translate

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Chilly run





I've been doing some core strength workouts at the Saint Paul Skyway YMCA, trying to make sure those jumpy knee ligaments and tendons are staying in place while I'm on my bicycle. I've also started getting back on the treadmill, and tonight, I guess I got a spur in my saddle and went out for a ten mile loop. Yesterday I rode the Raleigh xxix in the snow and on some trails, and besides having a little too much air in the tires, had a good time despite myself.

The snowfall has everything looking still and feeling quiet.

"Growing up in a place that has winter, you learn to avoid self-pity. Winter is not a personal experience, everybody else is as cold as you, so you shouldn't complain about it too much. You learn this as a kid, coming home crying from the cold, and Mother looks down and says, 'It's only a little frostbite. you're okay.' And thus you learn to be okay. What's done is done. Get over it. Drink your coffee. It's not the best you'll ever get but it's good enough."
-MPR coffee cup


Playlist:

Cripple Creek, Leo Kotke
California Soul (Diplo Remix), Marlena Shaw
Who Made Who, AC/DC
Pieholden Suite, Wilco
When Doves Cry, Purple Rain
Knock Me Down, Red Hot Chili Peppers
Strawberry Swing, Coldplay
Ramble On, Led Zeppelin
Start Me Up, Rolling Stones
Voodoo Child (Slight Return), Jimi Hendrix
Basket Case, Green Day
Let's Go Crazy, Prince
Pop Song 89, REM
The Ballad of John and Yoko, The Beatles
Tears of Joy (Live), Robert Randolph and the Family Band
Purple Rain, Prince
Distance Equals Rate Times Time, The Pixies

No comments: