Translate

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Triple to Double, DIY part three

Photo by Michael McKinney
I've been waiting to convert the factory drivetrain on my Specialized Allez Sport for a few months now.  After consulting a few different sources, including an estimate for a comprehensive overhaul from my nearest Specialized dealer, I decided to take it upon myself and consult the Park Tools Blue Book and Minneapolis's own Freewheel Midtown Bike Center for a DIY appointment.


Photo by Michael McKinney


Photo by Michael McKinney
The long story is I had to buy two bus passes, walk a few miles, buy lunch, dinner and snacks throughout the day, rode without a helmet, traveled through Saint Paul, Minneapolis and Roseville, and finally parodied my lack of integrity.  Deja Vu.

The short story is, "Hey, I took a picture!"

Photo by Michael McKinney
I also recently enrolled in another pottery session through Saint Paul's Community Education program, and have been learning the differences between an electric wheel and a more primitive kick wheel, and made some loaves of a walnut and cranberry bread I'd like to share with ya'll.

Take care.

Photo by Michael McKinney
Photo by Michael McKinney



No comments: