Translate

Thursday, February 28, 2013

2103 American Birkebeiner

American Birkebeiner, 2-23-2013
This past week-end I raced in my tenth American Birkebeiner.  That's ten times over the power line hills, ten times past the snowmobilers corner, ten times into the heart of the Chequamegon woods with thousands of other skiers.  I've been kicking around some ideas about how to write this post, because it seems redundant and a bit aggrandizing.

I'd like to just say thank you to my big sister and her friend for granting me the opportunity to participate again.

Here's a photo of me after the race, with a beer and a brät from Angler's Bar in Hayward.  Not really a tradition for me, (I absolutely gorged on fried chicken from Marketplace in 2005, the first time I broke three hours), but you get the idea, if you need one, of what it felt like to have accomplished another full Birkie.

Maybe I'll add some more thoughts on it later on...


No comments: