Translate

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pottery class









I signed up for an eight week Pottery class through the Saint Paul Community Education Program. After eight weeks, I wound up with 16 Vessels. Pots. Bowls. I attempted many more, but destroyed clay in the process of completing just these simple pieces.

Two pots were either left behind or destroyed in the kiln.
14

Two pots were cracked.
12

Two pots had little feet from the glaze dripping below the finish.
10

Two pots had glaze on the base, making them uneven.
8

All said and done, after eight weeks, in my first pottery class since eighth grade with Mr. Erie, at Stillwater Junior High School, I completed eight pots. Bowls. Jars. Vessels. Plates. Ashtrays. Projectiles. Sentimental pieces of burnt dirt.

I tried taking photos, but somehow, one photo got lost in webspace.

And I can't explain why some of the photos are hi-res and some are not.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Lee Petersen said...

That's really cool. How much did the class cost? It seems like you could really get a lot of really cool stuff out of it.

I got really tired of the pain of trying to upload photos in blogger. You could get a free flickr account - it's real easy to link photos from there, and you can always get the resolution you tell it to.